This program was created with the goal of providing assistance to PEI tourism operators to create and develop new product offerings that will help grow PEI as a multi-seasonal tourism destination. A Maximum of $7,500 can be requested by the operator.
Events/products/infrastructure must be completed by November 30,2023.
Application deadline is February 28th, 2023.
Examples of some of the desired program outcomes:
- Provide more reasons for Islanders and visitors to visit regions outside of peak tourism season
- The ability for businesses to sustain operations and retain staff
- Reduce risk for operators to try new initiatives RTAs/DMOs to round out the product mix during non-peak times
- Direct impact on restaurants /accommodations/ retailers/ experience providers/ attractions Develop new product offerings to create a strong shoulder season brand for PEI and showcase PEI as a multi-season tourism destination.
To Be Eligible You Must:
- Applicants must be a for-profit Island-owned tourism business and a member of Tourism Cavendish Beach
- Tourism establishment is licensed under the Tourism Industry Act as a hotel, motel, bed and breakfast, inn, resort, cottage operation or campground.
- Any establishment must be used for business activity and not, whole or in part, for primary residential purposes;
- For a cottage operation, the owner must have more than one cottage unit.
- For a bed & breakfast, where the owner resides to assist with operations and has a minimum of at least 4 guest bedrooms with private bathrooms that are assigned to the exclusive use of a guest or party of guests and hospitality is provided by the tourism operator.
- Owners must contribute a minimum of 15% of the total project cost
- Owners are responsible for all financial risk associated with the initiative
- Owners are responsible to meet all requirements of federal and provincial legislation and municipal by-laws, RTA/DMO-led projects are eligible for funding up to a maximum of $7,500 per RTA/DMO
- Consulting fees for the development of new tourism-related products are eligible for funding, to a maximum of 25% of awarded funding or $1,875.
- The maximum any one operator is eligible to receive is $7,500, regardless of number of projects proposed, All recipients must provide a final report to Tourism Cavendish Beach on how the funding was used and the results of the initiative
- Claims must be supported by invoice and proof of payment, and
- Any transaction must be completed between two parties operating at arm’s length.
Ignition Fund Program
Program Submission Form